SUMMARY: Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while interpreting project design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of fire alarm codes and standards. NICET II or NICET III preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NICET alarms education/certification.
- Working knowledge of fire alarm programming software.
- Candidate will carry or manipulate loads/equipment up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis.
- Must be able to constantly or frequently reach overhead/above shoulders, stand, stoop, bend, climb, and crawl in many work environments. May be required to work at elevated heights and/or work in confined spaces.
- Work conditions will include exposure to dusts, heat, cold, and potential noises.
- Able to coordinate between field crews and design to successfully complete projects within scope and time constraints.
- Able to perform testing and maintenance on all fire alarm systems and complete documentation as necessary of programmed system.
- Able to interact and correspond to customers in person and/or writing in a professional manner.
- Periodically attend seminars or similar education/training sessions to stay abreast of latest technology, codes, and standards changes.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, BA, BS, or engineering degree or experience or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong working knowledge of personal computers and alarm panel programming.
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customer, AHJ's (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public. Must be able to have basic understanding of engineered drawings and/or electrical schematics.
Reports to Service Manager on a district/regional level.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.