- Basic Building layout (walls, ceiling grid, basic fire sprinkler or alarm layout)
- Put together submittal package (run copies, prints, mail packages)
- Prepare material lists and order after review by senior designer or Design Manager.
- Assist with field surveys.
- Participate in design kick off meetings.
- Learn all applicable fire protection codes and work towards obtaining NICET I within the first 12 months of employment.
- Understand and follow FLSA's Safety program, SDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Employee must know where all related safety documentation is at all times on each project.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 0-1 year experience as sprinkler designer required. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Construction experience, Mechanical aptitude, basic and advanced math skills, problem solving skills, decision making skills, troubleshooting, ability to multitask, ability to meet project schedules, and the ability to plan and organize is required.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer and use Microsoft Office required. Experience CAD software preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA's Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for long periods, see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will occasionally be required to bend, kneel, balance, lift <20lb, walk, stand, ascend/descend stairs, reach above and below shoulders, stoop, twist, and climb a ladder.
Employee will consistently be required to work indoors in an office or remote setting, work alone and with others. Employees will occasionally be required to travel and work outside. Employee will be occasionally wear appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.