Sprinkler Fitters install sprinkler head, valves, and steel and CPVC pipe in newly constructed structures and renovations to existing structures with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cut, fabricate and install steel pipe and CPVC pipe as designed for fire sprinkler system.
- Install and hang a variety of pipe, sprinkler heads, fittings, hangers and other fire protection components in accordance with blueprints and construction documents.
- Install and trim a variety of valves for wet, dry, and pre-action fire protection systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints and construction documents to ensure sprinkler system is constructed as designed.
- Ensure all work areas remain clean, safe, and orderly while working and at the end of the workday.
- Clean, inspect and service required tools in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure all tools, equipment, and supplies are secured and accounted for while on the job site and prior to the end of the workday.
- On a daily basis, reports to field foreman on progress and/or job related problems.
- Assist in the training of sprinkler apprentices.
- Understand and follow FLSA's Safety program, SDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Participate in weekly Toolbox talks. Fitters must know where all related safety documentation is at all times on each project.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years' experience installing fire sprinkler systems required. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Construction experience, basic math skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, ability to multitasking, ability to meet project schedules, ability to plan and organize, and the ability to train other is required.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to read electronic blueprints preferred
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA's Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to bend, ascend and descend step stools, ladders and stairs, kneel, lift <50lbs, reach above and below shoulders, stand and walk for extended periods of time. Employee is required to see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will frequently balance, crouch, drive, kneel, lift >50lbs, sit, stoop, twist and work at heights.
Frequent local travel is required. Employee will frequently be required to work inside and outside in hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions and be exposed to loud noises, cramped quarters, dust, fumes and odors, and standing on hard surfaces frequently. Employees will occasionally be exposed to electrical hazards, chemicals, uneven and slippery surfaces. Employee will be consistently wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.