Job: FIRE SUPPRESSION OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN, Confidential - Mid-Atlantic Fire Suppression, Charlotte, NC
Charlotte NC area fire protection Company has an opportunity for a qualified person to perform inspections, testing, and maintenance on all types of fire suppression systems including but not limited to Dry Chemical, Clean Gas, Co2 etc. Kitchen Fire Suppression experience would be helpful as well.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
As a Company that has experienced considerable growth in 2020, we are seeking a candidate for this position to keep up with expected growth in 2021. Candidate for this position must have 5-10 years’ experience working on listed systems and all devices associated with them.
Candidate for this position must be an excellent communicator with both Customers and your work associates. It is expected that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform work described and be able to obtain all of the needed licensing, permitting etc. to conduct fire suppression inspection services in the states of NC and SC. Other skills that are required include but not limited to, are having the experience and technical skills to perform inspection, testing and repair of all devices. Great knowledge of suppression panels, detectors and other control devices is a must as well as the ability to troubleshoot said devices. Candidate should be an experienced business professional with the ability to conduct all aspects of this service for our Company. Good IT skills are a must.
OPPORTUNNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT
An ideal Candidate for this position should have a growth mindset with the ability to assist our Team grow our existing Business by increasing market share in Fire Suppression and Fire Sprinkler Services.
• Immediately upon hire obtain SC Licensing to enable Company to conduct Fire Suppression inspections in SC.
• Provide Company with list of equipment, tools and any other supplies needed to satisfy the requirements of your job and enable Company to begin conducting Fire Suppression business.
• Obtain all required NFPA publications, manufacturers manuals etc.
• Completes all services following manufacturer instructions, related codes/standards, and Company policies and procedures.
• Schedules inspections with customers to inspect and test fire protection systems and ensure functionality.
• Provides documentation of inspections for Company records, Customer records, authorities with jurisdiction, and any other entity required.
• Communicates discrepancies, necessary system repairs, and other important issues to the Customer.
• Follows up on rescheduled inspections and/or service department repairs to systems with the Company or Customer to ensure completion of service.
• Markets additional Company services to existing and potential customers
• Provides on-call availability for customer emergencies and support for special projects as scheduled
• Trains Technician Trainees as assigned.
• Uses authority and makes decisions to ensure successful transactions and satisfy customers.
• Handles each transaction in a way that spreads our Company’s reputation in a positive way.
• Commits to work until obligations are met.
• Completes continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for position.
• Adheres to ALL Company Standards and Procedures, including the Controlled Substances and Alcohol Standard.
• Works safely using good judgment and by following all Company safety policies and work procedures and uses authority to stop an unsafe act.
• Supports other departments of the Company as needed and/or performs other related duties as required