In conjunction with District Manager, responsible for customer development at FLSA districts and providing bids and negotiating pricing for FLSA's fire protection services. Sales / Estimators are responsible for managing the work landed to a profitable conclusion acting as project manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preparing project estimates using the Estimating Checklist and as appropriate, working with the District Manager, District Design Manager, Field Superintendent, and Purchasing Manager.
- Negotiates with customers over scope, price, installation schedule, and change orders. If project is awarded, responsible for preparing the Project Data Sheet and providing to District Design Manager at the kick-off meeting.
- Responsible for ongoing project management of projects sold and working with the Design Manager and Field Superintendent to ensure that the job is managed to a profitable conclusion.
- Meeting annual sales goals agreed to with District Manager.
- Calling on and entertaining prospects and customers.
- Representing FLSA at industry meetings such as AGC and ABC.
- Staying abreast of market opportunities through sales calls, CMD, Dodge Reports and other market related information.
- At regular intervals, but at least once a year, work directly with the District Manager to assess customer relationship profitability.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Visit assigned FLSA project sites to check on project.
- Expected to meet or exceed annual quota assigned during the budgeting process.
- Attend and participate in all sales, WPR, and other scheduled meetings.
- Responsible for making sales calls to new prospective customers in an effort to build the contracts and renovations business by adding new customers to our portfolio. This will include but is not limited to meeting with architects, developers, and GC's assigned area to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for maintaining an active pipeline of activity that will ensure meeting sales plan/goals assigned.
- Keeping abreast of marketing opportunities through sales calls, networking, and other market related information.
- Expected to lead customer presentations, "lunch and learns" and other relationship building meetings.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. NICET or state specific certification preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years' experience with the installation of fire sprinkler systems required. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Construction experience, basic math skills, customer service, problem solving skills, decision making skills, ability to multitask, ability to meet project schedules, scheduling experience, and the ability to plan and organize is required.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer, use Microsoft Office, and read electronic blueprints required. Experience with SalesForce and UltiPro preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA's Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement.
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive, hear, as well as see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus, balance, stand and walk for extended periods, reach above and below shoulders, crouch, kneel, lift <20lbs, sit, stoop, twist, work at heights, bend, ladders and stairs, kneel.
Frequent local travel and occasional regional travel is required. Employee will frequently work in an office setting and be required to sit for periods. Employee will occasionally be required to work inside in hot/cold temperatures, and be exposed to loud noises and moving machinery, electrical hazards, chemicals, uneven and slippery surfaces, dust, fumes and odors, and standing on hard surfaces. Employee will be occasionally wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.