SUMMARY: Sprinkler Fitters are responsible for working for foreman in the installation of fire protection systems. Sprinkler fitters are expected to perform with minimal supervision. Must have 4 years experience with small or large contract fire sprinkler installations and retro fits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In conjunction with the field team, responsible for the installation of fire protection system. Work is to be completed in a professional and workman like manner following the sprinkler design prepared.
- On a daily basis, reports to field foreman on progress and / or job related problems.
- Keep tools in serviceable working conditions and tags those that are unsafe.
- Assists in the training of apprentices and helpers.
- Assists in cleaning up job site.
- Assists in cleaning and inspecting up tools.
- Understands FLSA's Safety program, MSDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Toolbox talks are mandatory reading within the first week of employment. Fitters must know where all related safety documentation is at all times on each project.
- Sprinkler fitters are expected to be making progress in their fire protection education with tools provided by FLSA.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma, GED, secondary education or equivalent experience. Minimum of 3 years of broad field experience. Ability to work independently. Ability to meet and exceed project schedules. Possesses good communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and write.
LICENSES: A valid drivers license is required
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.