Inspectors are responsible for inspecting, testing, and maintaining fire sprinkler systems, fire pumps, and backflows with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect, test, and maintain fire protection systems in accordance with NFPA codes with working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
- Record and report deficiencies of fire protection systems to FLSA and Customers.
- Communicate with internal and external customers as well as offsite monitoring companies in a professional manner.
- Proper use and operation of tools required to complete the inspection (heat and smoke detector kit, backflow kit, pump equipment)
- Plan, coordinate, and complete inspections as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Required to be in an on-call status as required by location to handle emergency service and inspection requests
- Ensure company provided vehicle is clean and well maintained as required by company policies.
- Ensure that all assigned tools are safeguarded and maintained.
- Understand and follow FLSA's Safety program, SDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Participate in weekly Toolbox talks. Inspectors must know where all related safety documentation is at all times on each project.
- Attend seminars from time to time to stay abreast of changing technology, installation and testing approaches.
- Train inspector trainees in all applicable aspects of fire protection.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. NICET and/or state required certification required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years' experience inspecting fire protection systems required, five or more years' experience preferred. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Basic math skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, customer service skills, decision making skills, ability to multitasking, ability to meet project schedules, ability to plan and organize, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to train other is required. NICET II are required for this position.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer, tablet and read electronic blueprints required. Experience with SalesForce and Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA's Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, ascend and descend step stools, ladders and stairs, kneel, lift <50lbs, reach above and below shoulders, stand and walk for extended periods of time. Employee is required to see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will occasional be required to balance, crouch, drive, kneel, lift >50lbs, sit, stoop, twist, and work at heights.
Frequent local travel and occasional regional and non-regional travel is required. Employee will frequently be required to work inside and outside in hot/cold temperatures and be exposed to loud noises, cramped quarters, dust, fumes and odors, standing on hard surfaces, and electrical hazards frequently. Employees will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, moving machinery, uneven and slippery surfaces. Employee will be consistently wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.