The Inspection Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for prospecting and developing new customers, customer development to include upselling and multi-line development of services, providing and negotiating pricing for inspection contracts. ISR's will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager, Service Manager and Service Operations Staff to ensure customer satisfaction. This position is a key part of our Service Department Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pro-actively engage in making sales calls to new prospective customers in an effort to build the Inspection and Service business by adding new customers to existing portfolio. This will include but is not limited to "door to door" cold calling, completing call blocks, creating vertical target list for territory assigned and creating a sales plan to achieve assigned sales goals.
- Pro-actively engage in making sales calls to current customers in an effort to build the Inspection and Service business by expanding our service offering to existing customers (upsell).
- Remain informed of all conversion opportunities by turning construction installation customers into service customers.
- Create and maintain a sufficient pipeline of activity that will ensure meeting sales plan/goals assigned by fully understanding that success is a byproduct of generating activity, which leads to sales.
- Manage responsibly all sales activity within assigned salesforce account by recording both customer and prospect information with sufficient detail while also monitoring days that a proposal remains outstanding.
- Follow up on all pending proposals in a timely manner to explain scope, answer questions, and convey the importance of the proposal with the intended goal to accelerate the award of the sale or further advance the opportunity through the sales cycle.
- Understand company pricing approach to inspection sales through the use of excel or company provided estimating tools. A full understanding and knowledge of contractual terms and conditions of ITM agreement important.
- Represent the organization at industry meetings such as Building Owners Management Association (BOMA), customer visits, and customer entertainment some of which may occur outside normal business hours.
- Remain abreast of potential market opportunities through sales calls, networking and other market related information including possible changes and/or updates to local fire code requirements.
- Assist Service Manager and service department with potential re-signs of existing customers if and when necessary.
- Continue to advance industry technical knowledge through internal training, ride along with field personnel and reviewing technical material.
- Expected to work directly with the Regional Sales Manager and Service Manager to assess customer relationships and profitability.
- Expected to lead customer presentations, "lunch and learns" and other relationship building meetings.
- Complete the FLSA WAY Inspection Sales onboarding program during first few weeks of employment (monitored by Regional Sales Manager) and the FLSA WAY Technical Training class when offered.
- Complete all assigned e-learning modules by or before due date via the Rapid Learning Institute.
- Participate as a team member on all scheduled cadence calls with assigned Regional Sales Manager. Be fully prepared to discuss current sales opportunities including larger target type opportunities and potential obstacles to success.
- Meet or exceed annual sales quota as assigned by utilizing good time management skills with a well-developed skillset designed to close new business.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years' of sales or fire protection industry experience required. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Basic math skills, customer service, problem solving skills, decision making skills, ability to multitask, and the ability to meet project schedules is required. Construction or facility services industry experience, scheduling experience, billing experience and the ability to plan and organize is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office is required. Ability to read electronic blueprints, and experience with SalesForce preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA's Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement.
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently be required to drive, hear, as well as see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will occasionally be required to balance, stand and walk for extended periods, reach above and below shoulders, crouch, kneel, lift <20lbs, sit, stoop, twist, work at heights, bend, ascend/descend stairs, kneel.
Frequent local travel and occasional regional travel is required. Employee will frequently work in an office or remote setting and be required to sit for periods. Employee will rarely be required to work inside in hot/cold temperatures, and be exposed to loud noises and moving machinery, electrical hazards, chemicals, uneven and slippery surfaces, dust, fumes and odors, and standing on hard surfaces. Employee will be occasionally wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.