Overall responsibility for establishing, coordinating, and managing all field activities of fire sprinkler installation. Working with and through the District office, Field Superintendents are responsible for adhering to FLSA's quality program including procedures and work instructions, especially as they relate to field activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule all field activities, beginning with the pre-construction meeting (coordinate with sales and design personnel on completing the Preconstruction Package and Meeting Template) to scheduling the 5'-0 out (make sure we get a permit) to scheduling overhead installation (check for permit and approved plans). Visit job site regularly to push coordination of FLSA work with other trades. This requires good communication with the customer and FLSA's Design Manager.
- Schedule manpower each week using the Weekly Manpower Report and schedule all jobs over a 3-month period using the 3 Month Manpower Planning Report which is updated twice each month. Establish pipe on job dates based on project schedule.
- Get all material, plans, and information to the Foreman in charge before the job starts. Ensure contact with project GC/Superintendent to ensure they know you and the assigned Foreman are FLSA's points of contact for the project.
- Coordination with FLSA purchasing department or office POC to ensure all materials are ordered and delivered.
- Purchase or rent all equipment needed for each job and specific need.
- Participate in weekly progress report meetings to communicate the percent of the job roughed in, the percent of the job complete and the overall status of construction. Additionally, communicate the expected duration of rough in, duration of completion. Observe and communicate changes to the original design.
- Follow up on punch-lists and ensure the customer signs off when completed.
- Report any scheduling delays, personnel issues, safety concerns/incidents to your direct supervisor in a timely manner.
- Review employee time sheets, reports, and training records for accuracy and submitted on time in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure all assigned employees are complying with their job requirements and assigned tasks.
- Review all field employees per company policy. In cases where disciplinary action is required, suspensions and terminations are to be coordinated with the District Manager with appropriate documentation entered in personnel files. Coordinate with Recruiting department for hiring of field personnel.
- Ensure company provided vehicle is clean and well maintained in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure that all tools are maintained in proper working order. If damaged, ensure that tools are labeled indicating their status. New tools purchases are to be coordinated with the District Manager. Ensure that each quarter, each Foreman completes a tool inventory checklist and reports any lost or stolen tools.
- Understand and follow FLSA's Safety program, SDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Ensure all required safety training is scheduled and conducted in accordance with company policy. Ensure all field employees know where all related safety documentation are at all times on each project.
- Coordinate and ensure training for Sprinkler Foreman, Sprinkler Fitters and Sprinkler Apprentices is scheduled and conducted per company policies.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred. OSHA 30 certification strongly preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 10 years' experience installing fire sprinkler systems required. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Construction management experience, basic math skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, decision making skills, ability to multitasking, ability to meet project schedules, ability to plan and organize, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to train other is required. Customer service and billing experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers in a professional manner.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer and tablet, use Microsoft office and read electronic blueprints required.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA's Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to drive, hear, as well as see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will frequently balance, stand and walk for extended periods, reach above and below shoulders. Employee will occasionally, crouch, kneel, lift <50lbs, sit, stoop, twist, and work at heights, bend, ascend and descend step stools, ladders and stairs, kneel.
Frequent local travel is required. Employee will frequently be required to work inside and outside in hot/cold temperatures, and be exposed to loud noises and moving machinery. Employees will occasionally be exposed to electrical hazards, chemicals, uneven and slippery surfaces, dust, fumes and odors, and standing on hard surfaces. Employee will be consistently wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.