Sprinkler Service Technicians are responsible for providing service and repair of the sprinkler systems, fire pumps, backflows, and other fire and life safety products with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use required tools and test equipment such as power machines groovers, cutters, band saw, lifts, etc. to repair or replace fire sprinkler system components.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of fire sprinkler codes, standards, and systems such as wet, dry, deluge, pumps, valve, and backflows.
- Troubleshoot and identify defective components of sprinkler systems.
- Repair or replace damaged components of fire sprinkler systems.
- Communicate with internal and external customers as well as offsite monitoring companies in a professional manner.
- Required to be punctual to required work locations and complete scheduled projects in timely manner.
- Use Field Service Lightning to track work orders, materials needed, time on job, etc.
- Complete documentation on work orders
- Understand and follow FLSA's Safety program, SDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Participate in weekly Toolbox talks. Employee must know where all related safety documentation is at all times on each project.
- Ensure company provided vehicle is clean and well maintained as required by company policies.
- Sprinkler Technicians will be placed in on-call status as required by location to handle emergency service requests.
- Periodically attend seminars or similar education/training sessions to stay abreast of latest technology, codes, and standards changes.
- Train service technician trainees in all applicable aspects of fire protection.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. NICET and/or state required certification preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years' experience servicing fire sprinkler systems required, five or more years' experience preferred. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Basic math skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, customer service skills, decision making skills, ability to multitasking, ability to meet project schedules, ability to plan and organize, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to train other is required.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer, tablet and read electronic blueprints required. Experience with SalesForce and Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA's Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to bend, ascend and descend step stools, ladders and stairs, kneel, lift <50lbs, reach above and below shoulders, stand and walk for extended periods of time. Employee is required to see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will frequently balance, crouch, drive, kneel, lift >50lbs, sit, stoop, twist, and work at heights.
Frequent local travel and occasional regional and non-regional travel is required. Employee will frequently be required to work inside and outside in hot/cold temperatures and be exposed to loud noises, cramped quarters, dust, fumes and odors, standing on hard surfaces, and electrical hazards frequently. Employees will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, moving machinery, uneven and slippery surfaces. Employee will be consistently wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.