Job: Supervisor, Fire Protection Team, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
Supervisor, Fire Protection Team
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The MIT Department of Facilities’ Repair and Maintenance section seeks someone to provide leadership and supervision to the Fire Protection Team. Will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, inspections, and testing of the fire protection and life safety systems across campus.
• Plan and schedule preventive maintenance and daily work assignments of team members
• Maintain appropriate documentation to satisfy, NFPA regulatory and insurance requirements
• Provide QA/QC to ensure the highest quality of work
• Coordinate and provide training for changes and additions to NFPA, state, and local codes
• Coordinate and support fire protection shutdowns
• Participate in the design review process for new projects and assist with the commissioning of all new installations
• Oversee outside contractors
• Act as project manager for small construction projects and as liaison with Cambridge Fire Department - Assist with campus emergency responses as needed
• High school diploma or its equivalent
• At least five years’ experience in a supervisory role and with installing and maintaining fire protection and life safety systems
• Massachusetts’ master electrical or sprinkler fitter license
• Proficiency with job planning and execution and ability to manage work order backlogs and make sound judgments when prioritizing daily work
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills and experience working with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to maneuver in and around mechanical rooms and on rooftops
• Associate’s degree in fire science
• Familiarity with SAP work order and planning modules
Must be available to respond to off-hour campus emergencies and to work any shift deemed appropriate due to operational needs.
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 18133.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.