Job: Low Voltage Fire Alarm Manager, Nevada Fire Protection, Las Vegas, NV
Large, multi-state fire protection company is seeking to hire a Low Voltage Fire Alarm Manager. This position within the Fire Alarm/Low Voltage Division will entail project design/layout of new construction, end users including providing submittals packages. Work with the fire alarm installation department to create and design fire alarm drawings for projects.
· Attend job turnover meetings with department manager and sales staff to collect information pertaining to design projects.
· Ability to read engineering specs, provide voltage calculations and accurate set of drawings for permitting.
· Provide accurate take offs and compare devices to actual bid docs for accuracy.
· Utilize current building and fire codes to develop projects that are cost efficient for both materials and field labor.
· Proof CAD design prior to submittals. This includes coordination meetings and documents submittals for accuracy.
· Work closely with estimators to accurately address within any bid spec drawings for projects including Electrical, Mechanical and Sprinkler within Fire Alarm design.
· Maintain current code knowledge.
· When necessary notify Sales/Estimator of any issues found during design phases.
· Assist sales staff with material take offs, Change Orders or RFIs for large projects that are being estimated.
· Prepare close out documents, As-builds and O&M manuals at project completion
· Minimum Nicet Level II or Nicet Level III preferred
· Minimum 10 years experience
· Essential knowledge, skills & abilities are required
· Comprehensive knowledge of code books & local amendments
· Ability to review construction documents, blueprints & specifications
· Working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Word, & Excel
· Exceptional communication and organizational skills
· Ability to teach and lead others
· Notifier experience a plus