The Inspector is responsible for meeting customers’ expectations while performing quality inspections. The inspector’s primary function will be to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting and preventive maintenance services. The Inspector will perform routine inspections, testing, servicing and installing and preventative maintenance on products.
Job Responsibilities & Essential Functions
1. Accomplishes periodic inspections of industrial, commercial and residential properties and places of public assembly to determine compliance with fire prevention codes and ordinance.
2. Inspects building and structures to determine the proper fire detection or suppression system or equipment required.
3. Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
4. Accomplish a continuous fire inspection program to detect fire hazards; investigates complaints pertaining to violations of fire prevention codes and ordinances and give advice for correction action.
5. Conduct inspections and acceptance testing of newly installed fire protection systems.
6. Inspect and test fire protection or fire detection systems to verify that such systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards.
7. Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
8. Develop or review fire exit plans.
9. Review blueprints and plans for new or remodeled buildings to ensure the structures meet fire safety codes.
10. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed.
11. Independently resolves system deficiencies and malfunctions.
12. Ensures safe working conditions at job sites and complies with all industry and regulatory standards.
13. Maintains vehicle oil changes, reports, problems, etc.
14. Maintains compliance with all organizational safety regulations and requirements.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
16. Attendance is an essential job function.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable
Minimum 2 years experience with low voltage
Previously demonstrated superior customer service skills
Proven ability to work independently or in a team oriented environment as required
Licensure/Certification/Registration: NICET Level I Certification, preferred. IL PERC. Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required.
F.E. Moran Security Solutions' mission is to protect people, places and profits. We accomplish this mission every day by providing innovative life safety and security solutions, high quality equipment and installations, customized monitoring, and unsurpassed customer service. In just a few years, we have become one of the top 20 security companies by revenue in the United States as ranked by SDM Magazine. We will deliver exceptional operating performance allowing us to invest in the continued growth and development of our employees, customers and communities.
Every member of our team works with a strong sense of service, humility, accountability, purpose, and empowerment, knowing that they play an important role in protecting the lives and property of our customers across the country. We take our jobs seriously and value the relationships and trust we develop with each of our customers. Our company believes strongly in promoting and adjusting incentives on the basis of merit.
Our team members are eligible to participate in a robust benefit program including, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, paid holidays, gym reimbursement program and many other ancillary benefits.
We have office locations in the following metro areas: Champaign IL, Effingham IL, Carmel IN, Chicago IL, Detroit MI, and Wichita KS and serve clients nationally.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.