RFI is looking for a Fire Alarm System Field Engineer to join our team in Sacramento!
As a Fire Alarm System Field Engineer, your duties will include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing Fire Alarm System configuration, programming, startup, training, and closeout of jobs; assisting System Engineers in design, assist sales, and operational staff with technical system design application, and other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
• Fire Alarm System configuration, programming, startup and subsequent testing to ensure complete system compliance, performance, and completion. (Experience with Siemens Fire Alarm systems preferred)
• Customer training and training documentation
• Perform demonstrations and presentations of Siemens Fire Alarm equipment, alternate systems interfaces, and code updates to end users, engineers/architects, contractors, and authorities having jurisdiction.
• Interface with Sales, Engineering and Installation on systems designs, technical requirements or project conditions that may be required within the specifications or contract documents.
• Play key role in the development of increased product and application knowledge of new, less experienced sales representatives with whom they partner.
• Gather information, make appropriate product selection unless contract or customer specified and prepare scope of work, and cost estimates.
• Offer advice to sales representatives and installation on fire, AHJ regulations and building codes for proposed jobs.
• Maintain professional licensing as required by State and Local jurisdictions.
• Available to work outside of, or in addition to, normal businesses hours.
• Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to resolve RFI, Client, or other inquiries and/or requests.
• Provide reports to management as needed.
• Adhere to procedures and standards for quality installations and service.
• Maintain accurate project information with in RFI shared files and system.
• Maintain communications with clients to include monitoring satisfaction and resolving customer issues.
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities without supervision.
• Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
• Ability to write simple correspondence and present information in one-an-one and small group situation
• Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
• Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies.
•Other duties deemed necessary.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school education, or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field, personnel management, and project management preferred. Ideal candidates will have 5-10+ years of experience working in the Fire Alarm field. NICET Level III or higher, with excellent time management and organizational skills and must be able to effectively communicate, in order to communicate with employees and/or customers; manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment. Proper hand and power tool operations and safety. Ability to read blue prints and schematics. Advanced computer skills to include: hardware installation and configuration; software applications, installations, and configuration; local and wide area network systems.
This position requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly visit job sites requiring frequent mobility and sit or stand at a desk and type. The employee is required to occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than 40 years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Student Loan Assistance Program
• Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 401(k) / Retirement Plan with Matching Program
• Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
• 529(c) for college saving
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
• Company Wellness & Rewards Program
• Company Sponsored Training
• Employee Referral Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Employee Organized Events and Competitions