SUMMARY: The position reports to the controller and maintains the accounts payable system for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scan and electronically route invoices for appropriate approval.
- Daily general ledger coding and archival of invoices into accounts payable system.
- Conflict resolution of billing, payment discrepancies and outstanding disputes.
- Provide direct customer service for all vendors and office managers at each district.
- Review all payable for accuracy in coding, tax accruals, discounts, and timely payment.
- Review vendor statements and follow-up on invoice discrepancies.
- Setup and maintain vendor files, process and issue annual 1099s.
- Weekly check runs, AP reporting, analysis and maintenance.
- Cross-train on general ledger.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close, annual audits.
- Responsible for assisting with a variety of projects as directed by Controller.
Ability to handle data entry of approximately 600 invoices on a weekly basis. Must have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while balancing competing demands. Must be well organized, a general understanding of basic accounting is required. Ability to handle detailed financial information confidentially. Ability to use experience and knowledge to identify ways to improve systems and processes internally. Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates' degree and 3 years' work experience or equivalent combination of training, education and experience. BA/BS is a plus.
Prior accounting software experience required. Timberline experiences is a plus. Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and Access.
Ability to speak and write clearly. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
Strong mathematical skills.
A valid drivers license is required.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.