ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fill out time sheets daily for employees assigned to job. You are responsible for reporting all employees time each week. Note that Progress reports and toolbox talks must be delivered with time sheets.
- Enforce safety at all times. Hold toolbox talks at regular intervals.
- Coordinate manpower activities on your job site, focusing on productivity.
- Ensure that all field coordination with other trades is documented and within the FLSA scope of work. Ensure that correspondence with a contractor or trade concerning coordination is written in your memo book and a copy of the conversation given to the Field Supt. on a weekly basis.
- Communicate design and coordination problems with your Field Superintendent.
- Complete daily progress reports.
- Ensure that all material for a job is ordered and picked up allowing you enough time to be on site and working at 7:00 am. Once on site, you will be expected to layout or store your material in a safe and orderly fashion, and in an area that is designated by the General Contractor.
- Ensure that any additional work beyond the original scope have a work order filled out and signed by the General Contractor. All additional work must be approved by the Field Supt.
- Ensure that requisition forms are completed reflecting all material taken from the shop inventory. Material name and quantity must be listed on returned material.
- Ensure that all preliminary and final testing must have an N.F.P.A. 13 test paper filled-out and given to the Field Supt. upon receipt.
- All maintenance to the company vehicles is the responsibility of the employee assigned to the vehicle. Any and all work performed on your vehicle will be recorded in the truck maintenance log and turned in with that week's paperwork. Oil changes will be done at between 3500 and 5000 mile intervals, depending on the driving conditions. All company vehicles will be cleaned inside and out at least twice a month. If you are on an extraordinarily muddy or dusty job, it should be cleaned weekly.
- Ensure that all tools assigned are safeguarded and maintained. Tools are each foreman's financial responsibility. Tools inventory lists and tool transfer books are to be maintained providing records of tool activity. Tools and equipment are to be cleaned and inspected on a daily basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school, GED, or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 5 years of broad field experience. Ability to work independently and motivate one to several field teams depending on job size. Ability to meet and exceed project schedules. Possesses good communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
A valid drivers license is required.
Ability to speak clearly and write neatly. Ability to explain progress and respond to questions from managers and customers.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the District Field Superintendent.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.