SUMMARY: The Inspection Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting and developing new customers, customer development to include upselling and multi-line development of services, providing and negotiating pricing for inspection contracts, and will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager, Service Manager and Service Operations Staff to ensure customer satisfaction. This position is a key part of our Service Department Team. Fire protection industry experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for making sales calls to new prospective customers in an effort to build the Inspection and Service business by adding new customers to our portfolio. This will include but is not limited to "door to door" cold calling, completing call blocks, creating vertical target list for territory assigned and creating a sales plan to successfully achieve assigned sales goals.
- Responsible for maintaining an active pipeline of activity that will ensure meeting sales plan/goals assigned.
- Responsible for making sales calls to current customers in an effort to build the Inspection and Service business by expanding our service offering to existing customers. Responsible for converting construction installation customers into service customers.
- Expected to be intimately involved in the pricing approach to Inspection and Service accounts through the use of Excel or company estimating tools.
- Representing the organization at industry meetings such as Building Owners Management Association (BOMA), customer visits, and customer entertainment some of which may occur outside normal business hours.
- Keeping abreast of marketing opportunities through sales calls, networking, and other market related information.
- Continue to further develop industry technical knowledge through internal training, ride alongs with field personnel and reviewing technical material.
- Expected to work directly with the Regional Sales Manager and Service Manager to assess customer relationships and profitability.
- Expected to lead customer presentations, "lunch and learns" and other relationship building meetings.
- Expected to meet or exceed annual quota assigned during the budgeting process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS/BA or 2 year Associates Degree with 3+ years of related "cold calling" sales training and/or experience. Bilingual-English/Spanish is a plus. Sales experience related to building facilities services and maintenance contracts helpful, strong communication skills both oral and written required.
Strong working knowledge of personal computers; especially Microsoft Office. The ability to create customer/industry specific presentations in PowerPoint.
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
Good interpersonal skills are required to market FLSA and develop sound customer relationships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will be required to walk job sites, including stairs and uneven terrain. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Basic Math skills are required to develop sound service estimates using Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
A valid drivers license is required. This job requires traveling to job sites as well as client meetings. In order to drive on behalf of the company, employee must pass company MVR requirements.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Service Manager with dotted line responsibility to the Regional Sales Manager.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.