SUMMARY: Service Technician Trainees are responsible for providing support to a primary service technician on the service and repair of sprinkler systems, fire pumps, backflows (absent regulatory restrictions), fire alarm systems, and other fire and life safety products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong desire to learn about fire and life safety codes. Desire to take the NICET tests to become certified in the industry. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NFPA 25 (NICET) education.
- Will need to be able to work flexible work schedule, nights and weekends possibly on short notice.
- Will unload and load the tools/equipment needed for a job.
- Keep work area clean and safe at all times.
- Will possess the aptitude to use the various tools of the trade. Threading machine, hammer drills, band saw, etc.
- Keep work truck clean and organized.
- Be able perform the physical duties of the trade. Lifting, bending, climbing ladders, etc.
- Provide any other assistance to the service foreman to ensure an efficient completion of the assigned work.
- Attend seminars from time to time to stay abreast of changing technology, installation and testing approaches.
- Ability to work well with people and present themselves and FLSA in a favorable manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, BA, BS, or engineering degree or experience or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong working knowledge of personal computers and alarm panel programming.
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Service Operations Manager or Service Manager.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.