Job: Fire Alarm POD Technician, Kistler O'Brien Fire Protection, Bethlehem, PA
Lays out, assembles, installs, services and repairs commercial and industrial Pre-Engineered restaurant systems, vehicle/off-road systems and industrial paint booth systems in compliance with the manufacturer specifications and NFPA guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Run stainless steel cable and pull wire
• Install and bend conduit
• Read, research and identify project needs prior to job start
• Read and interpret vendor manuals, blueprints and work orders to perform required installations
• Use a variety of hand and power tools in performing installations
• Trouble-shoot and repair faulty installations
• Responsible for maintaining all documentation and reports associated with daily work
• Evaluate customer sites for additional equipment and services
• Complete and accurately record required information onto field reports.
• Work in compliance with the company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
• Maintain company vehicles and appropriate inventory levels for jobs
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or GED
• A minimum of two years’ experience installing/repairing fire suppression systems
• Ability to cut and thread pipe, install conduit and run stainless steel cable
• Preference for NICET Certification; candidates without NICET Certification must be willing successfully complete training to obtain certification within 18 months of hire date
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be willing to occasionally travel, work nights, weekends and overtime
• Ability to cope with change, meet deadlines and make decisions in a timely manner
• Clear Criminal Background Checks.
• Ability to work on ladders, aerial lifts and in confined spaces
• Ability to lift, carry & install heavy equipment
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
As the Authority in Fire Prevention, Kistler O’Brien Fire Protection understands the importance of a job well done and recognizes that without dedicated employees, our customers would experience devastating consequences. We know our work matters, and we are searching for individuals who want to be part of something bigger. We want individuals who take pride in their work, can leave the work day feeling a sense of accomplishment, and appreciate being part of the KOB Team. We are a forward-thinking, family-friendly company willing to train on the job and promote from within. Your future is what you make it here – there really is no limit and every employee has a voice to be heard.
That’s why we understand the critical role that employee benefits play in the job market, specifically, your decision-making process. Here at Kistler O’Brien Fire Protection, you are offered a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision, with paid time off, sick days and paid holidays. You can also plan for your future with life insurance, disability and a company-matched 401K Plan.