The Fire Alarm Technician will be responsible for installing Fire Alarm devices, be the point of contact for service of the devices, and work with customers on the integration of other related building systems.
Preferred Job Skills:
• Edwards Life Safety Equipment knowledge
• Experience in reading blueprints and operational materials
• Certification: Post-Secondary Certificate
• Prior experience working in a healthcare facility setting
Mandatory Hiring Requirements:
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver’s License.
• Must excel in companies’ core competencies
• Performs Fire Alarm Systems diagnosis, repairs, and installations
• Understands the electrical requirements, alarm initiating/indicating devices, control functions, power requirements, and programming of Fire Alarm Systems
• Diagnose trouble calls and system errors to determine repairs needed
• Performs preventative maintenance as required by service and maintenance contract
• Demonstrate effective use of test equipment and tools (meters, hand tools, power tools, etc.)
• Be on the after-hours on-call rotation schedule
• Goes above and beyond for customer
• Assist the company with promoting Ace Technologies
• Assist Sales Team with Customer Relations
• Communicate issues or errors to customer and solutions for issues or errors
• Other duties as needed
• Certification: Post-Secondary Certificate preferred
• NICET I preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Electrical Theory Preferred
• Knowledge of test equipment and tools.
• Ability to travel to customer locations and stay overnight when necessary
• Strong Customer Service Skills with a Positive Attitude
• Low voltage background to include relays, loops, and inputs/outputs or other electrical experience
• Job requires working in various weather elements; heat, cold, rain, or snow, depending on job location and time of year.
• Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
• Job requires employee to have required personal tools with him at all times.
• Work from all types of ladders and be able to transport/relocate ladders unassisted.
• Employee’s personal weight with tools cannot exceed the rated weight capacity of ladders used.
• Perform work at various heights, up to 90 feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial work platforms, cat walks and other safe work areas.
• Work in restricted or confined areas such as Network closets and crawl spaces.
• Must wear all personal protective equipment as required
• Must be able to regularly work 40 hours per week plus overtime as required.
• Night shifts, weekends, out-of-town work, and overnight work required as needed.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
• Comprehension of construction drawings, schematics and specifications.
• Must have the ability to safely use required power tools.
• Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in Company Safety Handbook.
• Operate two handed tools as required. Cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, etc.
• Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, work site directions, and written instructions.
• Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead
• Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Tolerant to prolonged standing and movement on foot.
• Climb ladders (all types).
• Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers. Completing overhead work for full day assignments.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ace Technologies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
Ace Technologies, LLC provides a Drug-Free Workplace and prohibits the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body. Ace Technologies abides by their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.