Job: Fire Alarm & Building Automation Sales, KNC Technologies, Raleigh, NC
This position is responsible for developing new account sales for buyers of fire alarm, building automation and low voltage products and services within markets that include healthcare, education, commercial, municipal, and correctional. This position requires a person to be capable of working in a collaborative team environment.
• Establish contact with prospective and qualified potential buyers of fire alarm, building automation, and low voltage products and services by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and outlined marketing strategies
• Create project quotes, including all needed parts, labor or subcontracts
• Complete the sale of fire alarm, building automation, and low voltage products.
• Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales plan
• Maintain existing database and develop and maintain new customer relationship to ensure growth
• Support other KNC Technology teams in their initiatives as they relate to your territory
• Complete understanding of all Company sales pricing worksheets and Company contract terms
• Create and conduct effective proposal presentations.
• Minimum NICET Level I is preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated competency in verbal and written business communication skills.
• Two plus years proven sales experience in the fire alarm, security and/or low voltage industry or five plus years of installation/sales experience
• Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams
• Strong prospecting skills
• Proven ability to close sales and achieve sales quotas
• Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, solid presentation skills and closing techniques
• Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word software is highly recommended
• Travel is required within the state
• Possess a valid Driver s License; in accordance with Company policy
• Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check
• Experience preferred doing detailed fire alarm take-offs
• Familiarity with project budgeting
The Fire Alarm Sales Representative is a CRUCIAL role in the overall success of our business. For 16 years, KNC Technologies has been a leader in Fire Alarm and Low Voltage products.
KNC Technologies believes that by empowering our people, great things can happen. Our “Technology Driven, Customer Focused” motto resonates with everyone.
Summary: Responsible designing, quoting, and selling fire alarm systems, repairs, conversions, renovations, and retrofits. Assist in quoting deficiencies. Work with contractors and end users to provide fire alarm solutions. Responsible for meeting annual sales quota objectives.