In the Recruiter position, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a pipeline of applicants for various skilled and unskilled labor positions throughout the company across multiple states. The Recruiter will work closely with each location’s management team to develop workforce needs and to provide potential candidates while ensuring compliance with local and federal regulations with regard to employment practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing and fulfilling job orders/requisitions.
- Recruit and source passive and active candidates through social media marketing, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, phone, and monitoring job posting pipelines.
- Build a diverse and multi-skilled talent pipeline to support growth and sustain field operations.
- Utilizing Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) to support recruitment and database maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with managers and candidates at all stages of the process, inclusive of facilitating employment offers, yielding acceptances.
- Ensures that the recruitment process creates a positive candidate experience.
- Complete weekly report on employment activity and industry trends as they relate to recruiting strengths and opportunities.
- Participate in job fairs and career events.
- Two or more years of experience recruiting passive and active candidates in a human resources or staffing agency environment is required.
- Two or more years of experience recruiting for skilled trades positions highly preferred.
- Critical evaluation skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a high-volume environment required.
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Fire protection industry knowledge is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BA or BS, or High School diploma, GED and related experience and/or training preferred.
Ability to speak and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and applicants. Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Sound working knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office, Applicant Tracking Systems, and Recruiting Software/Websites required.
Position may require travel.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Talent Acquisition Manager.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.