RFI is looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in Sacramento!
Does solving mission critical projects and being known as the case matter expert describe you? Do you expect a lot of out of yourself and those who work on your teams? Are you persistent, factual in your communication style, and someone who needs new challenges to conquer?
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you.
As an Operations Manager, your duties will include:
Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities required for effective management of the operations, and service teams. Partners with management to foster a positive and collaborative working environment. Drives and supports the strategic direction to ensure customer satisfaction, quality and profitability are maintained throughout the lifecycle of sales, installation and service utilizing current technology. The Operations Manager will be expected to develop and maintain fiscal responsibility, encompassing pre-bid review, job costing, reporting, cash flow management, inventory management, fleet/asset maintenance, resource development and resource optimization. Other duties and tasks as assigned.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Provide insight, assistance, and timely feedback to recruiting team regarding recruitment and hiring practices to ensure operation departments are staffed adequately with resources with appropriate skillsets.
• Effectively provide ongoing collaboration with Human Resources to ensure on-boarding for new employees and career paths for current employees relevant to current technology.
• Highlight and communicate elements to operation’s team members wanting to advance tiers for professional and salary growth.
• Work with GM to establish individual and department goals to maintain alignment with industry technology and RFI’s vision.
• Implement company productivity standards, goals and objectives that align with RFI’s strategic direction and communicate these expectations to team members.
• Provide mentorship to current employees through one on one and team meetings designed to listen to employees and to provide guidance and opportunity to learn and grow in the security and fire industries.
• Model the behavior of professional growth through engaging in industry events, seminars, tradeshows, trade magazines, etc.
• Teach, train and model company policy and process expectations for your team to include but not limited to safety, fleet, customer service, respectful treatment of co-workers, maintaining and protecting company assets.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies through actively engaging in individual personal development.
• Ensure fiscal responsibility of the department including installation and RMR (Recurring Monthly Revenue) revenue generation and cost containment, analyze variances from budget, and take corrective actions.
• Monitor operations and service for budget performance and workflow improvements.
• Collaborate with GM and sales team to forecast department requirements and expenditures. This includes; but is not limited to staff resources, subcontractor utilization, vehicles, training, inventory levels, etc.
• Assist project managers in identifying any expected project gain or slippage through accurately job costing projects and service maintenance agreements. Ensure information is communicated and corrected to the best of our ability.
• Conduct timely post project reviews—identify and implement any training and/or adjustments needed to gain profitability for future projects.
• Forecast department requirements and expenditures. This includes; but is not limited to staff resources, subcontractor utilization, vehicles, training, inventory levels, etc.
• Utilize daily, weekly, and monthly internal reports to best analyze and take corrective action regarding: billing, service delivery, inventory, fleet management, time portal management.
• Provide reports to GM to include but not limited to: revenue forecasting, staff performance, safety, and fleet and asset utilization.
• Determine appropriate staffing levels for Operations and Service Teams.
• Provide and coordinate requests for contract and/or bid reviews in a timely manner to ensure enough time to collaborate with essential teammates.
• Work with direct reports to set and meet achievable professional development goals.
• Delivers safety training to direct reports and ensure compliance to RFI safety standards and programs.
• Follow procedures and standards for quality installations and service.
• Maintain accurate project information with in RFI shared files and system.
• Maintain and protect assigned RFI assets (vehicles, phones, laptops, etc.).
• Ensure apps and other internal technology is being utilized.
• Represent RFI in a professional manner.
• Develop and maintain a professional management relationship with team members. Effectively communicating expectations, goals, opportunities, company benefits, etc. Also, listening and conveying to upper management and HR employee’s observations, suggestions, and professional goals.
• Develop and maintain professional, strategic relationships to ensure RFI remains a high level partner in the security industry. The expectation is to attend and engage in tradeshows, industry meetings and special events.
• Maintain communications with clients to include monitoring satisfaction, resolving complaints, resolving collection issues, and other.
• Ensure key accounts are introduced to emerging technologies and solutions on a consistent basis.
• Maintains strong working relationships with team members and management to foster a positive and collaborative working environment, which drives and supports the strategic initiatives of RFI.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field, personnel management, and project management preferred, not required.
• Physical Security Professional (PSP) and/or Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certifications preferred, not required.
• OSHA 10 required; OSHA 30 preferred, not required.
• Ideal candidates will have 5-10 years of system integration experience, excellent time management and organizational skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, Computer, Networks, Access Control, Video and Intrusion system platforms.
• Ideal candidates will be consensus builders to foster a collaborative environment, but also decisive.
• Candidates must be able to read financial statements, prioritize and work under deadlines.
• Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills are essential.
• This position may require periodic travel to RFI locations, manufacturers and industry related events, a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to lift occasionally and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
• Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment.
• Ability to stand and work on a ladder; must have the ability to reach and work overhead.
Additional Performance Evaluation Criteria:
In addition to competence in performance of job duties as listed, the following are also considered in evaluating overall performance.
• Teamwork, positive attitude toward others, and overall contribution to the success of RFI.
• Professional growth, disposition and appearance.
• Protection of RFI confidentiality.
• Adherence to RFI policies and procedures, and to the instructions of the Operations Manager.
• Ability to understand and fill out required project paperwork and labeling.
• Ability to enter timesheet reporting information.
• And other duties as assigned.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than thirty years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) / Retirement Plan with Matching Program
- 529 for College Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Wellness & Rewards Program
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions