RFI is looking for a Fire Alarm Field Project Manager to join our team in San Jose!
Do you consider yourself:
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you.
As a Fire Alarm Field Project Manager, your duties will include:
Plans, organizes, directs and controls project activities from start to finish. Also be able to estimate and price job change orders according to changing variables within the scope of our project. Be proactive and productive in management of fire/life/safety installation projects. In order to succeed within this position, the candidate should have exceptional communication, computer and problem-solving skills.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Responsible for all work to be performed according to RFI standards and quality installation techniques as per the RFI “General Installation and Craftsmanship Standards and Practices” policy.
• Plans and schedules engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on projects or service installed jobs.
• Maintains current job plans, specifications, and schedules.
• Pursues change order opportunities in a timely fashion.
• Monitors the performance and quality of the field and contract labor.
• Review processes and modify to improve efficiencies when possible.
• Maintain accurate project information with in RFI shared files and system.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies.
• Maintain professional licensing as required by State and local jurisdictions.
• Ability to read and understand project specifications.
• Ability to document as-built drawings (red-lines).
• Perform upgrades and additions to Fire/Life/Safety Systems in order to increase functionality.
• Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot and perform repairs as necessary.
• Install, maintain, or repair Fire/Life/Safety, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
• All work is performed to RFI standards and quality techniques are practiced.
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities without supervision.
• Capacity to organize workload for effective implementation.
• Ability to assist Sales and Engineering in making sound decisions with project design and implementation necessary for accurate proposal bids.
• Ability to train others on troubleshooting methods
• Ability to lead a crew and organize workload to see projects to completion.
• Other duties deemed necessary.
Customer Service & Communications Skills:
• Keeps self, superiors and subordinates informed of project progress.
• Works with engineering department on design and drafting phases of jobs.
• Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to job site.
• Represent RFI in a business-like professional manner in both conduct and appearance, to maximize client satisfaction.
• Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to resolve RFI, client, or other inquiries and/or requests.
• Maintain communications with clients, sub-contractors, office staff/field personnel to include project completion, and to reduce customer complaints.
• Work with personnel on system startup to ensure complete system compliance.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in providing customers and Project Managers with detailed progress updates, delays/ impacts, safety concerns, and any other information that will aid in achieving a successful project outcome.
Safety & Accountability:
• Adherence to all RFI Safety Policies; Work at required heights utilizing ladders, scaffolding, lifts, or other.
• Participates in and may deliver safety training to direct reports.
• Consistently keeps work area clean and free of potential hazards.
• Work in confined spaces as necessary.
• Works with Senior Project Manager to oversee the installation of multiple crews to ensure jobs are on track and within the project estimate and scope.
• Ability to complete work and solve problems in a timely manner.
• Work with Senior Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department.
• Work with Senior Project Manager to ensure all jobs are maintaining budgets and timelines throughout all phases of project.
• Provide reports to management.
• Adhere to procedures and standards in system design for quality installations.
• Assists with inventory and inspection of assigned RFI assets.
• Recommend appropriate staffing levels for project teams and adjust in accordance with RFI policies and procedures.
• Provide reports to senior management to include but not limited to: job scheduling and staff performance.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school education, or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s degree in construction management, personnel management, and project management or related field preferred. Ideal candidates will have 5-10+ years of industry experience, excellent time management and organizational skills, proficient (or able to quickly become proficient) in the following computer programs (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, CAD, Microsoft Project and Microsoft AX, among others). Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills are essential. This position requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance. State Certification (Blue Card), Available to work outside of, or in addition to, normal businesses hours.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to lift occasionally and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
• Ability to effectively communicate, (i.e. see, hear, speak and write clearly) in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
• Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment.
• Ability to stand and work on a ladder; must have the ability to reach and work overhead.
Additional Performance Evaluation Criteria:
In addition to competence in performance of job duties as listed, the following are also considered in evaluating overall performance.
• Teamwork, positive attitude toward others, and overall contribution to the success of RFI.
• Professional growth, disposition and appearance.
• Support diverse and inclusive work environment.
• Protection of RFI confidentiality.
• Adherence to RFI policies and procedures, and to the instructions of the Operations Manager.
• Ability to understand and fill out required project paperwork and labeling.
• Ability to enter timesheet reporting information.
• And other duties as assigned.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than thirty years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Savings and Retirement
• 401(k) / Retirement Plan with Matching Program
• 529 for College Savings Plan
• Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
• Company Wellness & Rewards Program
• Student Loan Assistance Program
• Company Sponsored Training
• Employee Referral Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Employee Organized Events and Competitions
Equal Opportunity Employer
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 298-5400.