Job: Fire Alarm Sales Representative, Summit Fire & Protection, St. Paul, MN
Summit Companies is a premier firm in the Fire Protection and Fire Life Safety industry with offices throughout the Midwest. We are currently seeking a Fire Alarm Sales Representative to join our team in our St. Paul office.
The successful candidate will contribute to the recent growth of our fire alarm and security business in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area.
• Acquire sales leads for new work (including installations for fire alarm and detection, low voltage, clean agents, security, etc.); sell Summit Companies’ services
• Provide outside sales and inside sales for all building and construction types: new construction, renovations, additions, retrofits, etc.
• Lead the sales process from initial contact/bid invite to acquisition of contract/Notice to Proceed; initial contact may be initiated by Sales Representative or Customer (both)
• Generate new relationships and foster existing relationships among Customer base for the purposes of continued sales
• Generate new proposals, follow-up on active proposals, and close sales on active proposals
• Communicate status of active proposals to Management
• Attend meetings—includes internal meetings (kickoff, job progress, design coordination, etc.) as well as external meetings (coordination with Customer and other Stakeholders, Authority Having Jurisdiction coordination, design and submittal planning, etc.)
• Act as a face of the Company among our Customer base and industry, representing our identity: Professionalism, Quality, and Focus on Relationships
• General assistance to Project Managers and Design Department for communicating schedules, product/material information, coordination of work, etc.
• General assistance to Accounting personnel with job set-up, monitoring of profitability, billing, etc.
• Utilize accounting software for assistance with (or general knowledge of) tracking costs, billing, Change Orders, etc.
• Assistance with general marketing activities and promotion of the Company
This individual must be a self-starter, organized, and detail-oriented.
Communication and follow-through are critical.
This position hours 7:15-4:15. Off-hours are oftentimes required.
Travel (less than 10%).
Other duties as assigned
Summit Companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization.