RFI is looking for a Fire Alarm System Technician to join our team in San Jose!
Are you technical?
Do you enjoy working independently to complete your tasks, but can be part of a larger team?
Do you have a professional, but a matter of fact communication style?
Do you like to get your work done in a timely manner?
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you.
As a Fire Alarm System Technician, your duties will include:
Service Technicians, report directly to the Lead Technician and/or Service Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Install, program, test, inspect and service of all fire alarm systems and equipment, after installation or repairs are made, to ensure performance of system.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Responsible for all work to be performed according to RFI standards and quality installation techniques as per the RFI “General Installation and Craftsmanship Standards and Practices” policy.
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
• Install, program, test/inspect and service of all fire alarm systems and equipment, after installation or repairs are made, to ensure performance of system.
• Assist on installation projects when required.
• Ability to rapidly understand business objectives to drive effective solutions.
• Strategic thinker and problem solver who has demonstrated a track record of delivering solutions for clients in a quality manner.
• Ability to learn on-site Project Management, troubleshooting, programming, testing, and installation of systems.
• Repair and/or restore all systems per specifications and in conjunction with any applicable building fire alarm and/or electrical codes.
• Work with Field Engineers on startup to ensure complete system compliance.
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities without supervision.
• Assist in training apprentices on RFI procedures, systems and installation/service techniques.
• Other duties deemed necessary.
Customer Service & Communications Skills:
• Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to resolve RFI, Client, or other inquiries and/or requests.
• Daily communications with Lead Technician and/or Project Manager on the installation to ensure jobs are on track and within the project estimate and scope.
• Maintain communications with customers and sales executives to resolve customer issues.
• Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms. Explain use of products or services
• Work proactively and in a positive manner with all co-workers.
• Maintain accurate project information with in RFI shared files and system.
• Ability to write simple correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situation
Safety & Accountability:
• Adherence to all RFI Safety Policies; Work at required heights utilizing ladders, scaffolding, lifts, or other.
• Work in confined spaces as necessary
• Follow established Safety Guidelines and OSHA regulations.
• Maintain professional licensing and certifications as required by manufacturer, State and Local jurisdictions.
• Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
• Ability to adapt as the external environment as organization evolves.
• Follows direction on the project provided by the Lead Tech and/or Project Manager.
• All work is performed to Building Codes and RFI standards and quality installation techniques are practiced.
• Work with Lead Technician and/or Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department
• Work with Lead Technician and/or Project Manager to ensure all jobs are maintaining budgets and timelines through-out all phases of project.
• Adhere to procedures and standards in system design for quality installations.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school education, or equivalent required. OSHA 10 Certification required. Nevada F Card required. NICET Fire Alarm Certification a plus. Siemens trained and certified in MXL and/or XLS a plus. Experience in the electronic field with daily use of AC/DC theory a plus. Proper hand and power tool operations and safety. Experience reading blue prints and schematics a plus. Basic computer skills. This position requires a clean background check, passing a pre-employment drug test and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to lift occasionally and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
• Ability to effectively communicate, (i.e. see, hear, speak and write clearly) in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
• Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment.
• Ability to stand and work on a ladder; must have the ability to reach and work overhead.
Additional Performance Evaluation Criteria:
In addition to competence in performance of job duties as listed, the following are also considered in evaluating overall performance:
• Teamwork, positive attitude toward others, and overall contribution to the success of RFI.
• Professional growth, disposition and appearance.
• Protection of RFI confidentiality.
• Adherence to RFI policies and procedures, and to the instructions of the Operations Manager.
• Ability to understand and fill out required project paperwork and labeling.
• Ability to organize tasks in an efficient manner.
• Ability to enter timesheet reporting information.
• And other duties as assigned.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than thirty years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Savings and Retirement
• 401(k) / Retirement Plan with Matching Program
• 529 for College Savings Plan
• Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
• Company Wellness & Rewards Program
• Student Loan Assistance Program
• Company Sponsored Training
• Employee Referral Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Employee Organized Events and Competitions
Equal Opportunity Employer
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 298-5400.