ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cut, fabricate and install steel pipe and CPVC pipe as designed for fire sprinkler system.
- Install and hang a variety of pipe, sprinkler heads, fittings, hangers and other fire protection components in accordance with blueprints and construction documents.
- Install and trim a variety of valves for wet, dry, and pre-action fire protection systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints and construction documents to ensure sprinkler system is constructed as designed.
- Ensuring all project close out documents are turned in as needed. Such as test papers, red line drawing, owners training, signed extra work orders, etc.
- Attend job meetings and coordinate schedules with GC and other contractors.
- Ensure project timeline are being met, and all required documentation is submitted in time manner so project is completed on time and on budget.
- Report any scheduling delays, personnel issues, safety concerns to your direct supervisor.
- Coordinate and manage all assigned projects with the superintendent, GC and employees.
- Ensuring communication by assigned crew with vendors, contractors is conducted in a professional manner.
- Complete daily progress reports. Include any accidents, changes in design due to field conditions, proposed changes in scope and conflicts with design as related to existing conditions.
- Ensure that all materials for a job is ordered and on site as required. Once on site, you will be expected to layout or store your material in a safe and orderly fashion in the designated location.
- Ensure company provided vehicle is clean and well maintained in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure all work areas remain clean, safe, and orderly while working and at the end of the workday.
- Clean, inspect and service required tools in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure all tools, equipment, and supplies are secured and accounted for while on the job site and prior to the end of the workday.
- On a daily basis, reports to the superintendent or GC on progress and/or job related problems.
- Train the Sprinkler Fitters and Sprinkler Apprentices on all aspects of their job.
- Understand and follow FLSA's Safety program, SDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Participate in weekly Toolbox talks. Foreman must know where all related safety documentation is at all times on each project.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred. NICET Certification preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 5-10 years' experience installing fire sprinkler systems required. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Construction experience, basic math skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, decision making skills, ability to multitasking, ability to meet project schedules, ability to plan and organize, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to train other is required.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer and tablet, use Microsoft office and read electronic blueprints required.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA's Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to bend, ascend and descend step stools, ladders and stairs, kneel, lift <50lbs, reach above and below shoulders, stand and walk for extended periods of time. Employee is required to see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will frequently balance, crouch, drive, kneel, lift >50lbs, sit, stoop, twist, and work at heights.
Frequent local travel is required. Employee will frequently be required to work inside and outside in hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions and be exposed to loud noises, cramped quarters, dust, fumes and odors, and standing on hard surfaces frequently. Employees will occasionally be exposed to electrical hazards, chemicals, uneven and slippery surfaces. Employee will be consistently wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.