RFI is looking for an Installer to join our team in Seattle!
Do you consider yourself:
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you!
As an Installer, your duties will include:
Installers report directly to the Operations Manager, but are responsible to the Project Managers on a daily activity basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing startup, installation and closeout of all jobs; assisting Project Managers in other tasks as assigned by the Project Managers.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Responsible for all work to be performed according to RFI standards and quality installation techniques as per the RFI “General Installation and Craftsmanship Standards and Practices” policy.
• Installs and terminates cable and equipment as per specifications and in conjunction with any relevant building and or electrical codes.
• Ability to read and understand/ follow a Scope of Work / Specifications.
• Ability to read and understand/ follow Blueprints
• Able to follow a wire diagram/ cut sheet to terminate devices correctly.
• Tests all equipment after terminations are complete to ensure proper performance of system.
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under supervision.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies.
• Understands the different construction methods for walls, doors, floors, and ceilings.
• Understands the different anchor types for securing devices to surfaces correctly and safely.
• Must be able to set up and configure basic settings on field devices including setting up IP addresses.
Customer Service & Communications Skills:
• Work with Field Engineers on startup to ensure complete system compliance.
• Work proactively and in a positive manner with all co-workers.
• Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to resolve RFI, Client, or other inquiries and/or requests.
• Ability to write simple correspondence and present information in a one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to communicate daily reports on project progress.
Safety & Accountability:
• Adherence to all RFI Safety Policies; Work at required heights utilizing ladders, scaffolding, lifts, or other.
• Consistently keeps work area clean and free of potential hazards.
• Work in confined spaces as necessary.
• Daily communications with Project Manager on delays, safety concerns, requirements and general status of jobs.
• Work with Project Manager to ensure all jobs are maintaining budgets and timelines throughout all phases of project.
• Ability to complete work and solve problems in a timely manner.
• Maintain professional licensing and certifications as required by manufacturer’s State and Local jurisdictions.
• Consistently keeps work area clean and free of potential hazards.
• Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
• Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements
High school education, or equivalent, required. 2 year associate degree in electronics/basic electrical theory a plus. 2+ years working in the electronic field with daily use of AC/DC theory. EL06 Electrical License preferred. Proper hand and power tool operations and safety. Ability to read blue prints and schematics. Basic computer skills. This position requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to lift occasionally and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
• Ability to effectively communicate, (i.e. see, hear, speak and write clearly) in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
• Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment.
• Ability to stand and work on a ladder; must have the ability to reach and work overhead.
Additional Performance Evaluation Criteria:
In addition to competence in performance of job duties as listed, the following are also considered in evaluating overall performance:
• Teamwork, positive attitude toward others, and overall contribution to the success of RFI.
• Professional growth, disposition and appearance.
• Protection of RFI confidentiality.
• Adherence to RFI policies and procedures, and to the instructions of the Operations Manager.
• Ability to understand and fill out required project paperwork and labeling.
• Ability to organize tasks in an efficient manner.
• Ability to enter timesheet reporting information.
• And other duties as assigned.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than thirty years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Savings and Retirement
• 401(k) / Retirement Plan with Matching Program
• 529 for College Savings Plan
• Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
• Company Wellness & Rewards Program
• Student Loan Assistance Program
• Company Sponsored Training
• Employee Referral Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Employee Organized Events and Competitions
Equal Opportunity Employer
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 298-5400.