ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Strong desire to learn about fire and life safety codes. Desire to take the NICET tests to become certified in the industry. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NFPA 25 (NICET) education.
2. Will need to be able to work flexible work schedule, nights and weekends possibly on short notice.
3. Will unload and load the tools/equipment needed for a job.
4. Keep work area clean and safe at all times.
5. Will possess the aptitude to use the various tools of the trade. Threading machine, hammer drills, band saw, etc.
6. Keep work truck clean and organized.
7. Be able perform the physical duties of the trade. Lifting, bending, climbing ladders, etc.
8. Provide any other assistance to the service foreman to ensure an efficient completion of the assigned work.
9. Attend seminars from time to time to stay abreast of changing technology, installation and testing approaches.
10. Ability to work well with people and present themselves and FLSA in a favorable manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, BA, BS, or engineering degree or experience or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong working knowledge of personal computers and alarm panel programming.
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
LICENCES and CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid driver's license and ability to pass a motor vehicle record check required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required lift loads up to 50-pounds and occasionally lift or assist with lifting loads/weight in excess of 50-pounds; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent use of ladders or scaffolds with likely use of personal fall arrest systems is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.