ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes. NICET II or NICET III preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NICET education.
- Working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, special hazard detection & controls and critical components including but not limited to checking agent pressures, cylinder weights, pressure switches and electronic control heads.
- Able to perform testing and maintenance on suppression systems such as pre-engineered, dry chemical systems, FM200, water mist, AFFF, and other dry agents.
- Able to complete documentation as necessary in Salesforce Lightening.
- Able to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies. Including ability to understand special hazard room integrity and fan test procedures.
- Attend seminars from time to time to stay abreast of changing technology, installation and testing approaches specific to fire alarm manufacturer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum High School diploma or GED combined with technical or related experience and/or training; or combination of education and minimum 3 years’ experience.
Must have command of the English language both oral and written with the ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Service Operations Manager or Service Manager.
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and a talented, experienced installation workforce. Installing, servicing and inspecting all types of fire sprinkler systems: Wet, Dry, Pre-Action, and Deluge, as well as, Fire Alarm Systems; and Foam and Special Hazard Systems.
To maintain this high level of skill and experience, the company supports an approved apprenticeship program, provides on-going safety and fire protection training programs for field and technical staff, and remains a leader in meeting changing industry standards. We challenge our employees to continue training and education and to pursue NICET certifications.
Our Mission is to be the respected and recognized high quality, profitable leader in providing quality life safety solution in partnership with our customers while also offering long term opportunities through growth for employees, suppliers and shareholders.
We continually strive to be a “Destination Employer” for highly motivated Team Members whom want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth with sensitivity to quality of life issues.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.